Legacy Ranch Dental discusses dental implants and how they relate to missing teeth
Dental implants are replacement teeth roots. It's a surgical component that interfaces with the bone of the jaw to support a dental prosthesis like a crown or a bridge. Implants provide a strong foundation for fixed or removable replacement teeth. Frisco dentist Dr. Osborne says it's today's version of dentures.
So if you have missing teeth, dental implants are the way to go for more confidence and an improved smile.
Dentist Dr. Osborne lists the advantages of dental implants
Besides an improved look and more confident smile, implants have a number of advantages for people with missing teeth:
- Better speech pattern: With dentures there's a risk of slippage which can cause people to slur their words. With dental implants, you can speak worry-free.
- Eating more easily: Sliding dentures can make chewing a difficult task. Implants remove that discomfort.
- More confidence: When you know your mouth looks good and you have no missing teeth, your self-esteem improves. Sky's truly the limit!
- Better dental health: When you get implants, your dentist doesn't have to shave off your tooth since none of the surrounding teeth are affected. Also, with dental implants you have better access to the space between your teeth, making it easier to brush your teeth and floss.
- Durability: Many implants last an entire lifetime, you just had to subscribe to a better oral hygiene routine. In general, dental implants have a success rate of 98%.
Who's a good candidate for dental implants?
Implants are a great alternative for those with missing teeth and enough bone to hold onto the actual dental implant. Patients with healthy gums and no periodontal disease will do great with implants. If you're a heavy smoker or suffering from chronic disorders such as heart disease or diabetes, you need to be evaluated by an experienced dentist since every case if unique. If you've had radiation therapy to the head or neck area, that's another cause for evaluation. Make sure you trust your dentist and have researched some of their before and after results.
If you live in the Frisco, Texas area, you can visit dentist Dr. Osborne at Legacy Ranch Dental for a dental implant consultation. Dr. Osborne is experienced and f trained in cosmetic dentistry and has treated countless patients with dental implants so you'll be in good hands.