General dentistry services at Legacy Ranch Dental in Frisco, Texas
At Legacy Ranch Dental, we offer a number of dental services from cosmetic dentistry to clear braces. When it comes to our general dentistry services, we offer a wide variety of dental treatments that fall under this category.
When you visit our dental practice in Frisco, Texas, you'll get an initial consultation and diagnostics thanks to dental x-rays, scans and wax molds if needed. The simplest form of general dentistry of course is dental cleanings. According to the American Dental Association (ADA), everyone should visit a general dentist at least twice a year. Regular check-ups and maintenance is a convenient way to prevent gum disease and other complications.
What dental treatments are available under the general dentistry category?
General dentists such as Dr. Jeffrey Osborne perform multiple dental procedures to ensure perfect dental health and a beautiful smile. At Legacy Ranch Dental in Frisco we offer dental implants, dental fillings, dentures and more. Here's a more complete list of general dentistry and explanations:
- Crowns and Bridges: Crowns are cap-like artificial teeth, made to fit perfectly, are placed to cover up chipped or damaged teeth. Crowns will protect your pearly whites from further damage.
- Dentures: These are false teeth for people who have missing teeth due to an accident, disease or even old age. They are removable and act as natural teeth.
- Dental Implants: These are replacement tooth roots, made to match your natural teeth.
- Gum disease and Periodontal treatment: With gum disease there are various treatments from scaling to root planning and surgical procedures too. Each case is different. The goal is to remove plaque and bacteria because it can lead to heart disease or cancer.
- Orthodontics: This is a dental treatment that focuses on correcting teeth and jaws that are positioned improperly for a healthier mouth and more confident smile.
- Root canal therapy: When the tissue of a tooth is infected, a general dentist will perform a root canal.
- Teeth cleaning: This is great to do every six months, where you can get a dental exam, a professional cleaning and polish your teeth and ensure your dental health is good.
- Bonding: This is a resin-like glue that actually "bonds" a veneer to a tooth.
- Dental fillings: When you have a cavity, general dentists will "fill" the hole with a variety of materials from porcelain to mercury and composite resin.
If you live or work close to the Frisco, Texas area, visit Dr. Jeffrey Osborne at Legacy Ranch Dental for all your general dentistry needs. Call (972) 908-5057 for your dental appointment!